Welcome to Athience

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

- - - - -

Can god be material?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Surroundx

Surroundx

Tribune

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 16:50 PM

Most people, theists and atheists alike only consider the possibility of god existing immaterially because they believe that no material object could be eternal (i.e. the Second Law of Thermodynamics). But what if god created the laws of physics, and therefore is not constrained temporally? Is such a scenario possible or impossible?

#2 RGD51

RGD51

Plebeian

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 07:44 AM

Hi, I'm the newb onboard but don't mind weighing in on this. The "what if?" scenario is a broad brushstroke to paint with but, then, its silly to say that most of us here are not "what iffer's" so to me your premise sounds kind of Eastern and something I could grasp and appreciate as there are Zen Buddhists, Taoists, Hindu's, Brahmins, and Native Americans for that matter, that believe God or a divine spirit is imbued in everything. So a thumbs up for possible, if you believe in God, but probably not if you don't....eh?

It is entirely possible that I misunderstood your question too...LOL!!!!!

Robert

#3 Long Nails

Long Nails

Plebeian

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 21:57 PM

Posted Image

philosoraptor :D
Blasphemy: the act of questioning the sanity of your boss in his determination to wipe out the competition.
Click me

#4 Terry Branna

Terry Branna

Plebeian

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 September 2015 - 18:17 PM

I think it can be possible, becuse God can be anything and anywhere. He's where we are searching for him. If it chirch and icons and crosses, his part can be there. In one high school research paper I've read about case when angel or God transmigrate into a woman to give her a power to save a child. So I guess he can be material.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users