Welcome to Athience

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Hybrid Gender?

hybrid gender lgbt national geographic

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Goddess

Goddess

Caesar

• Administrators
  • 533 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Australia

Posted 05 October 2012 - 16:31 PM

I just watched an interesting video article on the National Geographic website about hybrid gender.

<iframe width="640" height="391" src="http://channel.natio...40&vHeight=391" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Chris Tina was born male, but does not identify fully with either gender but uses the female pronoun, she has had breast implants but is not intending to have gender-reassignment surgery. She said she dates women, and "down there" works perfectly well, so why change it?

I think she's got the best of both worlds.  I'd love to be able to stand up to pee! lol

Yes, I know, that was a rather glib remark, I can't imagine the difficulty she has, as she mentioned; 'which loo do you use?'.

I think it was very brave of her to make her story known so others can be inspired by it. The more people who make their stories known, the more 'alternate genders' will become more mainstream in society and people might *just* get to understand that this isn't so unusual or 'bizzarre'.

I'm a KIVA ANGEL... Posted Image
Don't annoy me... I just learned the Bat Bogey Hex...

#2 Himinow

Himinow

Queastor

• Moderators
  • 71 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 05 October 2012 - 17:43 PM

Thanks for posting this Goddess!

Probably might as well mention that I don't identify with my male body. I've been through stages where I have identified as totally female, and stages where I identify as androgynous (somewhere in-between) but even as a kid; I never felt male. I'm currently in talks with my psychologist about being referred to a gender clinic to receive hormone treatment, but I think I'd be similar to Christina in so far as that should be enough for me.

If anyone else is going through a similar experience and needs someone to chat to, I'll be around. Feel free to PM me if you prefer :-)

#3 Goddess

Goddess

Caesar

• Administrators
  • 533 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Australia

Posted 05 October 2012 - 19:32 PM

Cool!

If there is enough 'call' for it, we can set up a secret squirrel 'by request only' forum where people can talk without non-invited people seeing.  If people could please contact me if they are interested, if a few people contact me I'll set such an area up.

It would be totally invisable, no-one would even know who the members were, if that's what people would like.

I'm a KIVA ANGEL... Posted Image
Don't annoy me... I just learned the Bat Bogey Hex...

#4 garcialilliem

garcialilliem

Plebeian

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 21:03 PM

It was interesting to know, it has reminded me one movie with Hawke "Predestination". The main idea is totally the same. I have investigated this topic for the essay writing for unemployment, the cases like this happens very rarely.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hybrid, gender, lgbt, national geographic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users